Wednesday, March 22, 2006

More

Fake kicks.
Uncle and Aunty

Well, I've done Malaysia and am now in Hanoi. Malaysia was awesome, especially good to catch up with Uncles I only see once every 15+ years. The food was great and it was good to see Sibu, where my dads from as I hadn't been there since I was 6 months old. My uncle Raymond still lives in my grandparents house and he took me about showing me a bit about the Fuchow and thier journey to Sibu. I stayed with my Uncle Joe and wen to a dineer the first night there clebrating 105 yrs of the Fuchow in Sibu. A bit daunting being the only 'westerner' there and everything was spoken in chinese. We seemed to be constantly eating, but I wouldn't complain as the food was so damn good. Everything. Best balachan I've had in a long time. I was there for 3 nights and thenwent back to KL with Joe as he had some business to attend to, which was fine with me as I wanted to go back for some shopping. Had time to go and get some more stuff, prices comparable to home, but gear I couln't find in Australia, hence me buying 5 pairs of sneakers.

No comments: