Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Game Over.

Well, I'm leaving India tonight. Gonna leave some good people, good food and a very different place with so much to offer. Never a place I would have gone if I had the choice to travel, but after 7 weeks and a few different places, I know I'll be back sometime. Work was cool, a great change from the norm. DJ's and clubs left a bit to be desired, by my expectations, however did come across one cool club called Club Escape. Not necessarily my styles of music, but the DJ was good and kept the crowd rockin'. Also come across a Bangra version of Next Episode, I'll post it when I get home. But who wouldv'e thought I'd catch Kool and the Gang here.

Made some good friends who I'd love to visit again when I return. Picking up some Hindi is the key, though I didn't. Found it very interesting in the way a whiteboy (or close to) sticks out like a sore thumb, Raph Boogie got your whole setup comin' undone. Hang on, a tangent. Was a bit disappointed that I couldn't take my Ipod into the Taj, had a great playlist ready for the occassion. Doh.

Is wierd seeing how everyone lives, yeah, there's poverty and slums like I never imagined. Makes you wonder what some people complain about, rather humbling. Makes me wonder why I've spent so much on wax over the past years. Maybe time to move on and go digital. Everyone just gets on with their shit, no matter what that be.

More photos to come as I get sorted.

The Chinese Elvis signing off from the land of many and the land of less. Back home for 2 days and then my pilgrimage to my fathers homeland, Malaysia,a nd then to see my sweetheart in Vietnam.

To everyone I've met along the way, worked with and had the odd boozy night with, cheers and word 'em up for the many good times. You know who you are. You kept me sane in an insane environment.

No comments: