Wednesday, April 05, 2006

See what I can do .....

Been a while posting. Seems I can't view this from where I am but I can get into post. Very wierd. Can't view any sites from this blog.

Em and I have been to Nah Trang and also out to a commune where her organisation does some work. That was cool but also wierd as they don't get many foreigners apparantley, so we were stared at quite a bit. We chose to go for a walk and this coincided with school getting out, so they al thought we here a great giggle and tested their English on us.


Nah Trang was awesome. We hired a bike and went out to a temple just out of town and then to a natural spring for a mud bath and hot mineral spring. Was really awesome, though I thought the swimming pool was a bit hot at 38 degrees. The next day we went on a boat trip out to some islands, Mon and Mut Islands I think. Went for a snorkle just off Mut Island, checking out the tropical fish, though it seemed a bit polluted. The water was absolutely beautiful, I haven't enjoyed swimming this much for so long. We had lunch on the boat and then the crew, who play as a band at night, made us all sing kareoke style. They had a song for every country someone was from, so I ended up doing a rather punkish version of Waltzing Matilda. I founf out it's a bit like Advance Australia Fair, as I couldn't remember most of the second verse. Though the song made me fee quite patriotic. Was good fun. We then had a "Floating Bar". Get in the water with a lifebouy and drink some type of wine while floating about. Sweet. When the wine ran out, I got stuck into the beer. Their theory, if you don’t get drunk, you don’t go home. We hooked up with a pommy couple and 3 girls from Ireland and a guy from Korea. Was quite funny, as the Paddys said they were thinking at the start of the trip who would be the first ones to crack a beer. I did my country proud. It was the AUSSIES of course. Later tht night we all went out to dinner at a sweet joint called the “Sailing Club”. Em and I actually went their the night before. Expensive for asian standards, but a beautiful place to be, right on the beach.

We’re in Hoi Ann atm, just out of Da Nang. China Beach is about 15k, on the way down here. Hoi Ann is renowned for tailors. I picked up a 3 piece suit 2 days ago and 5 shirts. I’m back this afternoon to pick up 2 more suits that I have but needed some minor adjustments done. Em’s got a pile of clothes made and also shoes done as well. Nice and cheap and you get what you want. If only I knew I could take more home I would have seen if I could get something close to Puma Suedes made. Oh well. We’ve been maxing in the Hoi Ann Beach Resort, just between the river and trhe beach. We get up, have brekky, then go to the beach for a bit of a swim and then hop on a bike to town. Town is rather taxing, as everyone wants you to buy from their shop. Reminds me a bit of India. Seriously, there are hundreds of tailors, so the issue is actually choosing one. So it’s always nice to come back to the hotel which is about 5k from the town.

Out for now. Will try and get some of these pics up also, but interent here isn’t quite like home ☹

PS. Click on the photos for bigger pics. If they get up.

No comments: