Sunday, February 05, 2006

An update . . . .




Well, I had a birthday in India. Pretty cool. We went out for dinner in the chinese restaurant here, a bit average, but their prawn dumplings are awesome. More beverages in my room and then off to the Velvet Lounge, which is the club here at the hotel. Average in my opinion but it's the only place open after 1am. 90% men and only seems to be them dancing. I feel sorry for the girls we're here with, as they seem to be open slather for the men here, and they're not shy.

Work is going well according to the bosses and they are happy with the way we're travelling. We get some funny stories to tell a bout the Indianisms, Like "V for Wictor" and "Q for Cubic". As I said previuosly, they are very happy people and very friendly. I've had a cold/flu so the end of the week was pretty hard.

I went out to a club the other night, but they didn't have their lisence for music, but it happens that the first guy I talk to is the resident DJ. Hopefully he'll take me out next weekend to look for records, but they don't seem to be the most common thing here, but that's not really a surprise. The photo attached is from the rickshaw on the way there, my redness shows I was a bit toasted by that stage. They tell me there's something in the vodka here :)

We got followed yesterday after taking a picture of a guy with a cobra and not paying him near the Gateway. I shat myself, I hate snakes at the best of times, but I was so scared he was gonna whip it out. Damn, still get the chills thinking about it. Got some more soccer shirts down there and found some spray paint, so hopefully I'll be going on an art excursion later in the week.

No comments: