Saturday, January 28, 2006

What have I been doing?

Work. Getting up at 315 to start at 5 am. Very harsh. Work is pretty cool so far, with lots of great people, who think we're kind of god like.

I went down to Mumbai the other day, what an eye opener. People everywhere, kind of what I magine NYC to be like, but not as developed. Beggars and kids after money, hawkers trying to rip you off with anythin gthey have to sell. Handbags, jewellery, sunglasses, watches. I got a couple of soccer shirts for 15 bucks. Beats 140 for a real one. Some dude offering me hash, which I wanna get my hands on hile I'm here. Took us 1hr to get there via cab about 2 in the arvo and 2hrs back about 7pm. The traffic was insane, I've never seen anything like it. Such a polluted city, hazy one a good day. I got my International lisence before I came over, now I think I was dreaming, no way I'm gonna try the roads. I think beepng your horn constantly is a part of getting your lisence over here. We have a 40 min - 2 hr drive to work and I reckoing we go through 4 traffic lights on the way. The roads are crap, there seems to be constant work going on, but it doesn't seem that anything gets finished. I can't imagine what this place was like 20 yrs ago!

I went to the tailor today to get some shirts made. Very sweet. 112 for 5 shirts. They'll be ready in 3 days. We were looking at material, I reckon they pulled out 40-50 rolls, they can't do enough for you. All that for 8 shirts allmup. Then they showed me material for suits, absolutely awesome. I'll get them down the track.

Eaten out at a few restaurants, and it's very cheap. Tonights was 15 whihc was a dish each and a couple of jugs of beer. Mike, Megan and I ate on he street down form the hotel for 80 rupees the other day, about $2.40 for us all.

Anyways, out for now as I'm buggered.

1 comment:

perish said...

I'm thinking about a Safari suit.